My story and photos of the Crazy Mountain Ranch

3.30.2011

Day Three - Archery and Snowmobiling

We got up early, again, so we could get some yummalicious breakfast before heading to our first activity that day. The day before we heard that Snow Tubing might be canceled in the morning, which was to be our first activity, so we went and switched to Archery. It was good that we switched, because Tubing was indeed canceled that day. There were about 8 peoples signed up for archery. The instructors drove us back behind the town a bit to where they had two normal bulls eye targets, then a bunch of foam 3D animal targets in a ravine. 
Some were hard, but the easiest was the most amusing for me. It was brown bear standing up. My first two shots went in its chest area, then my last shot I decided to aim for its crotch, which I hit, hehe. I sorta freaked out the guys. And James ended up shooting it directly in its left eye!
James taking aim.


The mini blizzard that hit while we were shooting!
After archery, we relaxed for a few during lunch before heading back to get the full snow suits on. We looked more like we were getting ready to jump out of a plane than use snowmobiles, lol. The first part of the activity was the intro, where we learned how to use the machines. For both James and I, we liked the intro the best. One of the two instructors in our group was nicknames Mr Cupcake. He was awesome, and decided to pick on me the whole intro trip.Though it's probably because I got my machine stuck four times, lol.

Snowball fight!
 




Mr Cupcake in the yellow helmet.

The trail ride was different. I decided to be a passenger because I wanted that aspect of the activity. In total the ride was 18 miles. James rode on his own the whole ride. Nine miles in, we stopped at the rendezvous point, which was pretty nice.    





James was glad to be done though. The snowmobiles are definitely a work out...

No comments:

Post a Comment